Genuine Leather is one of the most long-lasting materials you can find. Their condition remains the same even after years of aging. However, proper maintenance is still required to keep it fresh and safe for a long period of time. Genuine Leather Products such as Jackets, Handbags, Shoes, Wallets etc. are termed as one of the best as far as quality is concerned. Leather is kept fresh by the Moisture and Oils present in them. With a period of time, this Moisture and Oil fades away if it is not properly maintained and the leather starts to lose its quality and color. Here are some of the ways to make sure that the Genuine Leather lasts long:
1. If leather gets wet, do not try to immediately dry it off with hair dryer or iron as it will only worsen the situation. The smart thing to do is letting it dry naturally. With time, the leather will be back to its original color quality. Protectants will ensure that your product is safe from extreme weather as well as water and dirt.
2. It is of utmost significance that the moisture and oil in the leather is present adequately so that product remains supple and new. With time dirt, scratches and dryness form on the surface of the leather. To restore the moisture and oils of the leather, regular Cleaning and Polishing is necessary. For that, you can use good quality cleaners and polishers. Just apply them at a regular interval and that will do the job. Remember that, you must only use high-quality polishers and cleaners which match with your product. Using cheap and low-quality will have an opposite effect.
3. If wrinkles arise on the surface of the leather, do not put in under the iron directly. Use a cloth to cover it first and then put the iron over that cloth. This will make sure there is no contact of intense heat with the leather and the wrinkles will be gone smoothly. We understand that these luxury leather products are your favorite and thus, you need to invest some time and efforts to keep them good as new.
4. What you put inside the leather product plays a major role in its longevity. Putting heavy things can stretch the leather and deteriorate its texture. Similarly, do not put things which have a possibility of leakage like an ink pen as that can spoil the surface of the leather. If the damage is already done, you can use alcohol to remove these ink stains. First, try this on a small area to see the effects and only then move ahead with the complete product.
5. Storing these leather products is also an essential factor to increase their life. Be organized while putting these products in a particular place. Do not put them inside a plastic bag or a place without any ventilation. Leather needs oxygen to remain fresh. Put them in a place where they are free from any pressure or duress. The place must be clean and dry as well. Following these steps properly can really help you in persevering genuine leather.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Having your newly bought clothes not fit you can be even more exasperating when the store refuses to let you return them or exchange them for a different size. Maybe they just ran out of the size that you need – the one you saw inside the store as you were buying the garment but thought it would be too big or too small. If only you had had the forethought to take your measurements in advance!
Let’s be honest – at some point in our life, we all had the leather jacket spell.
Be it our first date with the new guy at school, or the concert of our favorite rock band – the leather jacket was our go-to outfit for every event we wanted to look good for. Such is the power of this classic piece that it can be worn at any occasion and still fit in perfectly.
Popular amid men and women alike, the versatile outfit can be categorized into three mainstream types – the bomber, the biker, and the racer. However, many other types also exist, and the designs in which this outerwear is available in the modern fashion industry are virtually countless.
Leather jackets – high fashion since a century and not going away anytime soon!